Thursday, November 3, 2022

Blog Post #1

Top 5 News Sources 

What Are my Top 5 Sources of News?

By: Ava Daniels



Over the past few centuries, there have been multiple different ways of how people obtain getting their fair share of the latest headlines and news from many parts of the world. Recently, a lot of news is spread digitally, through mobile devices, television, and other forms of technology. Below are my top 5 sources that I use to get my information about current events on a daily basis. 
 


Apple news is one of my top sources for news. Because it is already installed on all Apple iPhones, this makes it very easy to access different stories and headlines. Apple news also includes different current events written by different news sources. This includes The New York Times, CNN, and many others. Another thing that I enjoy about Apple News is the multiple notifications I receive throughout the day. This makes it easy to get updated and stay up to date on the most current headlines.



CNN news is one of my go-to news sources. Although it is easy to go back and re-read articles, I sometimes enjoy sitting down and watching the news about the world. When watching reporters on TV, it is easier to get visual representation that includes interviews, pictures, and videos. CNN also does a wonderful job of giving great descriptions, graphs, and multiple other visual elements when talking about the population which I enjoy.




Although social media may not be the most accurate or precise choice of a news source, I do enjoy how wide of a range the news can be. For example, social media covers pop culture updates, important current events, elections, and much more. It is easy to get updates on social media because I already partake in using it everyday. It is also very easy to hear about something from social media and then fact check it on a more reliable news source.  Some of my favorite social media apps to obtain news from is Twitter, Tiktok, and Instagram. Even though these are only three are many more.


The New York Times is a very reliable and up to date news source. I enjoy how there are multiple writers for the New York Times and not just the same team. This allows different writing styles for every headline and different ways of coverage. There is also no set theme or category for the published articles. Because of this, there is a very wide variety of information.




BBC, standing for British Broadcast Corporation, is one of my favorite news sources. I enjoy this broadcasting station because of how many different channels it has for specific things. For example, if you enjoy sporting headlines there is BBC Sport. If you are a person who enjoys celebrity drama, you should tune into BBC First. There are also stations for children, earth enthusiasts, and many more. There is something for everyone when watching BBC. I also like that BBC is a reliable source of news while also being fun and informational. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  Technology- Past and Present By- Ava Daniels When comparing the 20th century to the 21st century, there are multiple clear changes. Everyt...