Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Blog Post #5

Supreme Court- HISTORY Reflection


By- Ava Daniels



After reading the HISTORY article about the Supreme Court, I ended up learning a lot of things that I did not already know. One of those is when the Supreme Court actually started. Before reading this article, I assumed the Supreme Court was established years before the actual date it was; 1789. I also did not know the main jobs and duties of the Supreme Court. I knew that the Supreme Court had duties having to do with the law, but not to the actual extent that it is. For example, the Supreme Court is the top of the Judicial branch and has control over the United States Laws and assesses said laws.

The most important takeaway from this article about the Supreme Court is the job and purpose. Laws in the United States are important, because of this, the Supreme Court's job is extremely important. Establishing, editing, and evaluating the laws are all a part of the Supreme Court. 

The most surprising thing that I learned about the Supreme Court was the change in seats from when it was first established to the present. The first Supreme Court had six seats. Today, there are a total of 115 Justices have served, which I think is very interesting. 

One thing that stuck out to me in the video on the Supreme Court was that Once appointed, you serve for life. The reason that this stuck out to me is because I’ve always thought that like the President or a government position, the time served is limited. This also changed the way that I see the Supreme Court because if the same people are staying in these seats for a long time, then the same ideas are being generated and no new ideas or thoughts can be accounted for or even considered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  Technology- Past and Present By- Ava Daniels When comparing the 20th century to the 21st century, there are multiple clear changes. Everyt...