Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Blog #8

 The Age of A.I

By- Ava Daniels

For years now, it is no surprise that using technology can put you in danger of being tracked, your personal information being sold or shared without your knowledge, or your identity being stolen. As every year goes on, these technologies become stronger and newer. Although this is common knowledge, for most technology users, some still do not know the full extent of it. Others also argue that advanced technology and tracking of data is a good thing and is changing our world in ways that some could only imagine.


From the Age of A.I video, I learned both sides of the perspective or pros and cons of A.I and advanced technology. Some side with the fact that data being collected by companies about your time on social networks as well as personal information actually helps people. If everything is being customized by the way that devices are used by an individual person, then the world will soon adapt to you instead of you having to personalize it yourself. For example, tracking the apps that you use, when you use them, what you use them for, what advertisements are being clicked on the most, and things pertaining to that nature can all be used to personalize the world around you. The other side of the argument is that the use of A.I does not help the world adapt. The reason for this is because the companies that create the algorithm might not have the same outcomes or end goals as you. This would eventually do the opposite in making technology easier to use.


Although I have many takeaways from watching this video, one of the main takeaways is that technology is only becoming stronger. Over the past few years, I personally have seen many advancements in technology. From the innovation of automated responses such as Siri and Alexa, to A.I generated technology used in healthcare the possibilities are endless. I believe that A.I could be very helpful in the near future and will create things that will make life easier. With that being said, I also fear that A.I will soon become too powerful for humans to control.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  Technology- Past and Present By- Ava Daniels When comparing the 20th century to the 21st century, there are multiple clear changes. Everyt...